International tandem projects in particle physics - a project-based learning course -
To the students enrolled in the master degree in Particle Physics (theoretical and experimental) from the University of Bologna (second year), Clermont-Ferrand (second year) and Dortmund (first year).
We are looking for students interested in:
- Working on a project in the field of particle physics
Possible topics are data analysis & statistical methods, theoretical calculations & predictions, simulations & numerical methods, detector development & performance studies, etc.
- Building a tandem with a student from Italy, France or Germany. The universities participating in the course are Bologna, Clermont-Ferrand and Dortmund together with our partners INFN (Italy), IN2P3 (France) and DESY Hamburg/Zeuthen (Germany)
- Presenting results at a summer school on Corsica (one week of lectures, exercise sessions and students' presentations)
The course aims at Master students and will take place from October 2018 until June 2019.
A total of 6 ECTS points will be issued. For further information visit www.ithephy.eu.
Send your applications to
- Prof. Dr. Kevin Kröninger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prof. Dr. Maximiliano Sioli (email@example.com). Applications will be accepted until September 20th 2018.